NEW JVC MICRO AUDIO SYSTEM LINES FEATURE MOTION SENSOR ANDTOUCH CONTROL, UNIQUE DESIGN
UX-GN5 / UX-GN6 / UX-GN7V / UX-GN9V and UX-LP5 / UX-L5V
Motion sensor and new “laser touch” panels join new line with simple smart design.
JVC today announced six new micro audio systems, including the UX-GN series featuring a motion sensor and JVC’s “laser touch operation” panel, a touch-sensitive illuminated control strip. The other new UX-L series micro systems feature a unique slanted design which matches the latest slim LCDs.
UX-GN Motion sensor series
With the UX-GN Series, JVC introduces a completely new way to control an audio system. The user “wakesup” the system from standby mode by waving a hand in front of the system, illuminating all of the controls and the LED display. Another new feature is “laser touch” control of important functions. The systems’ two laser touch control panels are touch-sensitive illuminated control strips. Running a finger up and down over the strip operates the volume and CD player’s forward/reverse skip functions. Touch panel controls handle other functions.
- The UX-GN5 and GN6 play CDs with 120W total power output while the UX-GN7V and GN9V also feature DVD playback with Dolby Digital Decoder and high 160W power.
- The UX-GN6 features a top-mounted iPod dock as well. Video output allows iPod-stored video to be played through a connected TV.
- At the top of the line, the UX-GN9V features HDMI connection with CEC control.
Other features include USB Host with music recording, a front audio input for connecting other devices, and an FM tuner with Radio Data System.
UX-L Sleek Design series
Also new for 2009 are the UX-L5V and UX-LP5, featuring new unique new slanted design with a sleek acrylic panel, totally different from previous designs. The smart refreshing look matches especially with a Slim LCD in the room.
- The UX-LP5 features a retractable front iPod flip dock contained smartly in a damped door. The unit comes with composite video output for iPod, a CD payer, and USB Host.
- The UX-L5V plays DVD with Dolby Digital Decoder. USB Host features direct CD recording onto a USB storage device.
Both feature front audio input, an FM tuner with Radio Data System, 60 watts total power output and two-way speakers.